Monday, May 29, 2006

Your friendly reminder

I am convocating in one week and 14 hours.

You may be wondering if it's too late to get me a lovely graduation gift, or you may be worried that I won't like what you've selected. (I'm quite picky, so there's quite a good chance I wouldn't actually like it. I strongly recommend that whatever it is, you take it back to the store immediately.)

You needn't worry any longer; I've compiled a gift registry to alleviate any uncertainties as to the most appropriate presents and am willing to overlook any tardiness that could potentially be blamed on Fed Ex or Canada Post.


Official Convocation Registry:

- a plane ticket anywhere far, far away and warm

- a pink fluffy towel set exactly like the one The Lonely Photographer has (used is fine dear, as long as they're freshly laundered and smell like lemons)

- a marmot (see Help save ... everything from May 18th)

- fresh-picked peaches, cherries and apples from the trees in your yards (anyone not living in the Okanogan will be excused from this one)

- a job (preferably not as a plumber, electrician or circus pooper-scooper technician)

- a gift of hope from World Vision's Gifts that change lives catalogue

*for $30 a disadvantaged family in a poor country will get 2 ducks to help provide them with food and an income
*for $35 you could give a pig
* for $35 you could give four families all the seeds and tools they need to become self-reliant for years
* the catalogue is here http://www.worldvision.ca/gifts, and it's full of excellent ideas


Note:
It would be prudent if you could leave a note in the comments section saying which item you will be purchasing to keep my lovely readers from filling my house to the brim with huge bath sheets.

Note II:
Seriously, I do not want that cutlery set. Kindly keep those forks to yourself.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

What's the degree in? I long for the day I come out of the tunnel of University unscathed and willing to actualy do something besides the job I've had for the last 5 years.

Congrats!!

Jen said...

Congrats Geeksters.

If only I had your address ... I would definitely send you something.

:)

geeksters said...

Ah, the fatal flaw with my plan - it's a little difficult recieving gifts while remaining anonymous.

Perhaps that situation will keep me from asking stragers for presents in the future; but I doubt it.

Thanks, Samantha. My degree is in journalism.

Samantha said...

Journalism? Get out!

I started out pre-j, but decided to finish the ole' English degree first!

Do you have a job lined up?

geeksters said...

Be careful if you do decide to go into journalism. The dean is planning on some "restructuring" and it isn't looking good for the school.

I don't have a job yet, but I have a few options I'm considering.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Format hard drive from dos auto floor mats Propecia visa electron Anderson desnuda pamela 92-95 honda civic almo kitchens california refinance interest only goldmedalmortgage.com