Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A free portfolio

Two days ago I got the casting call e-mail looking for strippers. I was mildy concerned about getting an updated, more edgy photo in to the casting director because I look more like a scholarly geek than an exotic dancer.

This morning I helped my sister out with her final project for school. I had agreed to help weeks ago, and we booked the appointment well before the e-mail.

Fortunately my sister is a photographer, and a fantastic one. She wanted me to model for her last shoot, demonstrating various lighting techniques while her instructor watched and critiqued her abilities.

She is rather conservative and didn't think it funny when I suggested she try to be in the movie too. But with music blaring in the studio and her instructor's positive feedback, she relaxed and we got some fun dancing around pictures. There may or may not be a few photos our mother won't approve of!

The shoot lasted almost two hours and was quite fun. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post a few shots.



That wasn't so hard after all. So there I am, on the internet.

8 comments:

x said...

great rack, sis.

Chris said...

I don't think that's you, your face is too tiny to tell.

geeksters said...

It is so me, and my face is tiny and very pixilated to keep this fun little world of blogging safe for me.

geeksters said...

Aww little Fauntleroy, how sweet.

But I don't think it's healthy to feel that way about one's relative.

geeksters said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
geeksters said...

(I made a terrible typo in the post I just deleted.)

You're such a geek, Faunty. Must run in the family.

Incedentally, I'm wondering if your user name has any personal significance. Why have you chosen to identify yourself with Little Lord Fauntleroy? Are you secretly a prince in pale green trousers?

Chris said...

Okay fine it is you in the picture, I guess I am just used to seeing you with uh, glasses on? Sure that will do. So what is the title of this movie and when will it be released?

Jen said...

Woo hoo!