Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Extremely dangerous intense pose

Yoga is supposed to be relaxing. It's supposed to be peaceful and filled with gentle but strong movements.

So I think it's safe to say that I was not actually doing yoga the other day. After having done a series of sun salutations, I was feeling quite bendy. So I decided to show off and impress my least flexible, inactive sister.

There's a pose, probably called something deep and meaningful like "hand-foot pose" where you bend over to touch your toes. Then you keep bending forward, lift your toes and slid your hands underneath. Ideally, your hands should be so far under your feet that your toes meet your wrists.

So there I was, bent in half with my hands under my feet. (In case you think I'm freakishly bendy, I'm not; I have to bend my knees to do that.) I called my sister to watch in awe, and wiggled my feet around to make the stretch even more impressive-looking.

And at that moment, I fell over. And my hands were under my feet, so I had nothing but one knee to break my fall. Now my knee is skinned and my pride also lost a layer.

1 comment:

geeksters said...

I'll have to take a road trip and come to your class:)

Why, of all places, did you chose Deslile?