Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Just so you know, I may die today

I am about to voluntarily have pain and humilition inflicted upon myself.

It's my first ever professional leg waxing appointment today. And I'm getting nervous.

Ankle hairs hurt when you rip them out. Even if you rip them out one by one, they still hurt. When there's a hundred hairs being yanked out at once, I think I might have to yelp and/or cry and/or sue for damages.

I thought about taking Advil before going but decided against it because that seems too wimpy. Bet I'll be regretting that in less than an hour.

****

I survived! It wasn't so bad afterall, with the exception of the dreaded ankle hairs.

Maybe all the martial arts my masseuse likes to do on my back have increased my pain-tolerance levels.

7 comments:

Dreamlover said...

I have never waxed wither, tell me if it is as painful as we think it is!!

Samantha said...

Kudos to you for giving it a shot. I've considered it many times but I'm one of the girls who is blessed with minimal hair growth (read: I only shave my legs once every couple months). I'm also a huge chicken, so for the couple times a year (more frequent in summer) I generally suck it up.
I have heard that taking Advil helps. Maybe next time?
Let us know how it went!

Anonymous said...

You are brave, my friend. I hope the pain is worth it. I had a full brazillian wax last year and it was...an experience. I wish you luck. :)

geeksters said...

That sounds miserable, Amanda. I would have died.

I personally feel that one's undergarments should remain on when in the presence of strangers, particularly when they are wielding wax.

Jen said...

I need to get the courage to do that one of these days ...

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»