Sunday, May 14, 2006

Flowers and muscles

Proving what a wonderful daughter I am, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some flowers for my mom this morning. Good thing there were still some left!

Outside of the store was a very attractive man selling hot dogs, so naturally my sister, the photographer, decided she desperately needed some food.

The smell of roasted flesh doesn't appeal to me, so I didn't pay much attention until my sister got back in the car and recounted a few details from her conversation with the vendor. It turns out I had interviewed the beautiful man earlier this year about his body-building career.

When we met, he was preparing for Mr. Universe and expected to place in the top ten in his weight category. (When I interviewed him he was 154 pounds, so he isn't one of those monstrous overly-muscled beasts.) I haven't found out what place he finished in, but I'm sure he did well.

It seems funny that a Mr. Universe competitior, and possibly Mr. Universe himself, is spending his Mother's Day in a mall parking lot. But what a treat for the mothers out shopping:)














(This picture is from one of the many newspaper articles about him, not from my sister's private collection. My sister is a photographer, but not the one who took this particular picture. She is convinced his right arm recieved some delicate enlargening.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummmmmmmmm, hot dogs.

Maybe he was going to (using Arnold voice) plump you up!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»