Monday, May 08, 2006

Temporary decision

I tested out a sociology class this morning and loved it.

The prof is cute, young and seems really nice. She was wearing beige beaded sandals, denim capris, a bright blue tank top, and a wildly-patterned long spring jacket. She was wearing huge silver rings and beaded braclets and had sunglasses resting on her fake blond, fake curly hair. She looks so eccentric and her teaching style matches the way she looks.

And it doesn't hurt that she loves me already. I approached her after class to see if I could write a newspaper feature instead of doing the big essay everyone else has to do. She agreed in a second and was impressed by the topic I chose.

Now all I have to do is convince the paper I interned for to buy it from me and my summer class will have paid for itself. I really like school, and free school is even better!


Update:

It turns out that this class is less of a sociological look at gender constructs and more of a feminist recruitment camp. I am technically a feminist because I believe in equality, but I'm not particularly interested in learning how disadvantaged I am being a white female in a wealthy country.

The sad part of dropping the class is not being able to see the rest of the prof's sandal collection. Yesterday she was wearing flat, thin-soled sandals with tiny pink straps. They were gorgeous.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you. Hope is works out!

Chris said...

Well fine then just ignore my Mexico plan! Well, if you have the hots for that teacher I say go for it!

geeksters said...

As much fun as being deported sounds, I think I'll have to pass this time.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... lyrics for chevelle vitamin r Connect shared printer automatically website layouts florida Whole house water filter florida http://www.dvd-player-review-4.info/Samsung_d500_headset.html Recover a disk Kansas city web site developer Whirlpool bath tub product Impotence 2bmasturbation kitchen cupboard door cosmetic dentistry maryland 3m automotive air purifier http://www.buy-ritalin-methylin2c-methylphenidate.info/1970-oldsmobile-cutlass-s.html Quality assurance surveillance plan cosmetic surgeon arlington Aga stoves and ovens Hp 635 photosmart digital camera Merchant account charge.com

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Efficacy of topamax for depression Contact lens timeline All about julie ford in raceland http://www.dirty-stories.info Blocker msn pop up stopper Pms fluoxetine Delay streaming video conferencing Dog madd racing Hydrocodone line tramadol on line Asbestos lawyer law cancer attorney mesothelioma11 Hisory of basketball james naismith diamond engagement rings http://www.online-blackjack-7.info Japantyhose upskirt Fishing ban in sydney impacts fish prices