Monday, May 22, 2006

Je deteste

1. when older men wear shorts, sneakers and navy-blue socks pulled half-way up their calves.

2. when people write lol, lma, omg, btw, c u l8er, and all other ghastly non-dictionary approved abbreviations. 'Etc.' is still allowable provided it is spelled etc. and not ect.

3. when I'm chewing gum and accidentally bite my tongue. (This happens remarkably often.)

4. when I sign release forms for people and they use them for the agreed upon purpose which I haven't read. (I didn't know you were going to put my pictures up on the internet, Lonely Photographer, and I am shocked and appalled -- unless you win the photo contest, in which case I'll forgive you after you give me your winnings.)

5. when I make a new blog friend and he disappears after making me like him. (That's you, carino parasite.)

6. when I convince myself that the last gorgeous pair of on-sale shoes fits even though they're a full size too small and I can only wear them while sitting.

7. when people in movies always fall in love/ get married/ run off into the sunset together. Once in a while, one of the main characters should die, like in Titanic. I really wish this would've happened in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Matthew Hay would have been so much more likeable if he had been tragically wounded in a motorcycle crash while driving across that crowded bridge.

Then the movie wouldn't be so 'they meet, they're attracted to each other, oh wait, his ex-girlfriend likes him too/ her parents don't like him/ one or both is caught lying, the guy dances around and makes a fool of himself, the girl cries, they realize they're madly in love and kiss while convieniently on a yacht in the twilight drinking champagne.'

8. learning to drive standard and stalling in front of police cars, guys in nice trucks, frustrated old men in parking lots, kids younger than me driving their own cars while laughing, etc.

9. sweaty feet.

14 comments:

Jen said...

I hate the old men in navy socks thing too.

Great list btw, lol.
;)

Dreamlover said...

Oh my, do you hate me?

I seem to have become the Queen of OMG and LOL.

Sorry!! ;0(

geeksters said...

Yes, Faunty, I do sweat a lot. But sweating is a sign of a high metabolism and I would take that over a sluggish digestive system any day.

Those bugs were gross. But at least you didn't accidentally step on an ant hill. Blech.

I only hate the expressions, not the people who use them. And while we're being critcial, I get even more annoyed when those agitating abbreviations are in upper-case letters.

Would you ever write, "By The Way, I'm Laughing Out Loud!!!?" That's so abrasive.

Unknown said...

I am glad that ROFL wasn't on your list ;)

geeksters said...

I can't critique something if I don't even know what it means, Real. But I'm sure if you enlighten me, ROFL will be added to the list :)

x said...

aw, shucks sis, y'all know us junkies can be a 'lil flaky like that....even it's poor long suffering mother is lucky if she hears from it once a month...

you can usually get a half size out of 'em at the shoe stretcher dude.

or if you don't realise they hurt til you're at dinner, get a teaspoon and use the back it to stretch just the bits that hurt: push and rub from the inside of the shoe. works well for pumps and people with odd lumps in odd places. and you can nick quietly into the loo and do it...

but really, who walks anywhere in heels? cab to curb, sis, cab to curb. immediately find the best perch in the room and make the cunts come to you.

otherwise, drugs are useful for numbing pain.... i was mortified when mine wore off and i saw what i'd done to my body. look like i've been nailed to a cross. ankles bleeding from 4 days straight in doctor marten boots. stigmata.

but j'adore watching things heal.

the miracle of the human body.

x said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
x said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
x said...

whoops sorry darlin', i hit post 3 times.

i'm the kinda gal that will smash the neck off the wine bottle if there's no corkscrew.

Andrea said...

I stumbled across your blog and loved this post...
I roared out laughing and my boss wanted to know what it was I was laughing at....we both enjoyed this

great list!

geeksters said...

Thanks Andrea, you made my overly- large ego puff out a little more. If I burst, I will hold you personally responsible:)

Four days straight in your boots, P? Even while sleeping? Or was there no sleeping involved?

I would think you would want to mix things up a little, but, like you said, when everything's black and Dior Homme I guess it wouldn't really matter if you wore the same thing every day.

You could always carry one of those lovely old-fashioned shoe horns around in your purse. That way you could still use the spoon for its intended purpose.

geeksters said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
x said...

well, one could, yes, but i'm a little bit mcgyver like that......

intended purpose? oh no darling, we never inject our drugs. so 80's.

no, no sleep til brooklyn. days and days and days of it. it'a a hard knock life.

oh no i did do several quick costume changes, rinsed the filth from flesh, but very quick as always had a gang of freaks cooling their 6 inch heels, and if you leave them alone for more than 5 minutes they'll sniff all your drugs while you're in the shower.

didn't notice the damage til infection set in, and the pain became great enough to cut through the booze and drugs.

silly me.

geeksters said...

Glad to know that despite excessive drug use and such a hard knock life, you still make time for personal hygiene.

Is gangrene setting in? Because if it is, I think it's about time you starting posting some pictures:)