Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Faust

I did something terrible -- and perhaps unforgivable -- today.

After my waxing, I had some free time to walk around the mall, which, in my defence, is a tiny shopping centre and has very little in terms of decent stores.

In a moment of weakness, I held my breath and went into Liquidation World. (Not breathing is essential for the first few moments in this musty, rotten-smelling, factory-seconds warehouse of a store.)

I walked around, trying not to touch anything, lest I be contaminated.

But then I saw knitted yellow sweaters on sale for 60 cents. I mantain that it was their fault; they lured me into the ghastly clothing section.

It was there that I saw the shoes. It was there that I happened to notice they were only $2.00. And it was there that I compromised my snobby shopping mores and tried them on.

And then I traded a little piece of my soul to buy the beautiful sweatshop leftovers.

(The Lonely Photographer is refusing to take a picture of them, so unless you try some gentle coersion I'm afraid I can't show you the extent of their cuteness.)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Liquidation World is also great for cheap chocolate bars. They are old and usually crumbs, but cheap nonetheless.

Dreamlover said...

haha, I wanna see thes shoes!!

geeksters said...

Gotta love the expired chocolate bars. They may be turning white on top and taste like the dust they are returning to, but at least they're all marked down to 58 cents.

Tanya Kristine said...

that's your reward for not dying after your wax job.


but you might if you eat those nasty sounding chocolate bars!!!

anne altman said...

i'm guessing Liquidation World smells like pee.

geeksters said...

Like pee that's been left in a humid basement so long it's turned musty.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»