Friday, May 12, 2006

A confession

After having suffered through one of the terrible embarrassments that go along with being the first to fall asleep at a sleepover, my indignant grade-seven self displayed itself in a most unbecoming manner. (Actually I was probably in grade eight or nine, but I would rather not admit to that.)

When I awoke with my face covered in toothpaste, I was relatively certain the perpetrators were not doing me a favour by trying to clear up my teenage pimples with the drying properties attributed to certain types of toothpaste.

Instead, it seemed clear to me that the others involved were declaring their disdain for me and were prepared for war.

So I gathered my wits about me and prepared a course of action. To be deemed a sucess, I decided my plan would have to involve public humilitation and facial desecration.

As a member of the planning committee for the youth group the three of us belonged to, it was not long before an opportunity showed itself and I was given the responsibility of coming up with a series of games for the group.

After much scheming, I was ready. That night I asked one of the offenders to help me demonstrate the game, which involved licking Lifesavers and sticking them to a partner's face. The person with the most Livesavers attached would be declared the winner. Poor little Jen looked so cute with candy saliva-ed to her face.

(Sorry dear. I forgave you after that. And you too Amanda.)

6 comments:

Jen said...

HAHAHAHA.

Oh ... good times.

I had forgotten all about that lifesaver thing until I read your post.

I'm glad you forgave me- even though it was not an attack against you- just a routine thing to do to the first person who fell asleep.

:)

Unknown said...

Really gross, but really funny.
The only thing I would add would be for pictures to be taken and then said pictures to be widely distributed.

Amanda Brown said...

All's well that ends well. :) Glad you evened the score and we were able to be friends again after that!

Samantha said...

I remember one particular birthday party in 9th grade that I fell asleep 45 minutes into. I had just come from two games of basketball (tournament) and I was exhausted. I sat down on the couch and was out like I light. Turns out the party left the house, returned and was super loud, and I slept through all of it. I felt awful after, and that seems to be where my self-diagnosed narcilepsy started.
I never did suffer from the toothpaste though... maybe my friends just weren't creative enough?

geeksters said...

That's funny, Samantha. Terrible things can happen when one is overtired.

I once nearly fell asleep in a play. I was in one of the front rows and it was theatre in the round.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»