Saturday, May 20, 2006

Terrible irrational fears

I am sometimes am afraid that...

1. a bug will fly into my ear, flap around my ear canal, and die.

2. when I get a sore throat, I will talk too much, strain my larynx, and lose my voice forever. (This actually did happen to an old woman I met once. She told me she lost her voice when she was about 18 and never got back more than the tiniest whisper.)

3. my silent farts are only silent to me.

4. one of my charming stalker-y ex-boyfriends will find my blog, know it's me, and play more fun jokes on me. (An example of one of these little pranks was when the university called to make sure I wanted to drop all my classes, as per the letter "I" had sent them, one semester a few years ago.)

5. my sarcasm doesn't come across in print and everyone thinks I'm the opposite of myself.

7 comments:

Dreamlover said...

I have several of the same fears as you!!!

Jen said...

Sounds like you picked a great boyfriend ...

;)

Unknown said...

Let me remove your fear about number 3. They are not silent. Now you know, and you can move on with your life.

Dreamlover said...

yeah, I took the LSAT and am starting lawschool in the fall. You should go for it.

And I totally crushed on this prof way too much. I really embarrassed myself!! (think e-mailing him my number bad)!!

haha

Dreamlover said...

I just read your bad date catalogue, I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea and use it in my blog, sounds like we have similar luck!!!

geeksters said...

Go for it, dreamlover. We should have a contest to see whose had the worst date of all.

Dreamlover said...

lol, yeah, we should. I think that is one competition I my actually win, haha