Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Not waving, but drowning"

I couldn't breathe this morning when I woke up, and I keep feeling like I'm suffocating.

I finished school one month and three days ago and can't figure out anything that I'm even mildly interested in doing now.

I've applied for jobs with three different organizations and thought my chances for getting one of the positions were pretty good. Now I'm worried they won't call. But I'm even more worried that they will, because I don't really want to be on contract to sit behind a desk for a year.

I have hundereds of options, but none of them make my heart race.

So here I am: 23 years old, living in my parents' house, surviving off the excess money Student Loans shared with me, and slowly drowning.

Another thing that worries me about this situation is that from the time I was 8 years old, I haven't had a favorite colour. I've tried picking one, but as much as I like green, I've never been able to commit to it. I like red, pink, orange, yellow, white, lavender, turquiose, black and even brown. I like basically every colour except vomit shades of yellow, brown and green.

I can't even make food choices when I go out to eat. Being a picky eater and a vegetarian usually only leaves me with two or three options, but it still takes a lot for me to make up my mind and once I decide on one thing, I always wish I'd ordered the other.

(Yes, this indecisiveness also transfers over to my dating life, but that's another story all together.)

If I can't even pick a favorite colour, a date, or choose between soup and a sandwich or salad and pasta, how am I ever supposed to decide on the beginning of my future?

5 comments:

Jen said...

It's so hard when you have that many options. Consider yourself lucky that you have that many choices!!! :)

Anonymous said...

While having too many choices is a high-class problem, it is a problem nonetheless. I have every confidence that you will find the right place for you and if it takes a while to get there, that's OK! :)

Gigí said...

eso siempre pasa, tengo 25 años y no puedo decidir si casarme o no, si trabajar en Fender o en CocaCola, estoy terminando un MBA que me dio tiempo para pensar que hacer con mi vida y me faltan 9 meses y todavia no se... es mas, todavia no se, si existo para un proposito definido o yo tengo que trazar ese camino... (entra a mi blog y te pasare un documento de como evaluar opciones de trabajo, esta escrito en Ingles, es de la Harvard Bussiness School)... Saludos, g.

Knitty Yas said...

i have never really had a favorite color either...

as a matter of fact... it took me 10 years to figure out what i wanted to be when i grow up. and i ended up choosing something that will never fit into an office and/or cubicle.

thank god.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Powder coat drum lugs swellbutrin and lexapro California pinon hills laser tatoo removal Egr valve 1994 chevrolet s-10 Safari shopping cart seat cover with microban discount software Oak express waterbeds uk+bookmaker Home furnishings rolling shelves step shelves Volvo v70 horn Managerial accounting 11th ed garrison Remove hair dye face Debt consolidated loans cum on cereal financial planning franklin Calistoga accutane Alcohol related allergy Christian tattoo removal