Wednesday, June 21, 2006

News briefs (news briefs are tiny snippets of what's going on)

It's supposed to be my lunch break, but I'm sitting here at my desk waiting for the agriculture minister to call. I don't think he'll call because he's busy and the story is a negative one.

I made a new friend today. Actually she's more like a new acquaintence, but she wants to take me out so I can meet some people. Hooray.

My editor is moving away and had given his notice before my interview. I find it quite misleading that no one told me until today. I asked why there was a reporting job and an editing job posted in the paper and was told it was because he had just filled the position. But he's been in the job since before the position was listed. I hate being mislead and now I'm worried the new editor might change my job description.

I have an address and a phone number and a post office box number now. I think that must mean I'm settling in.

I really miss reading everyone else's blogs.

1 comment:

geeksters said...

You do sound creepy.

But I miss you anyway, little fart.