Friday, June 09, 2006

Cost-benefit analyis of being a trail guide

con: I stepped in poop.

pro: I learned how to saddle a horse.

con: Saddles are heavy.

pro: I was able to ride a horse, and didn't have any trouble getting him to walk, trot, stop and turn.

con: I would only be able to walk and trot on trail rides.

pro: I would have this job until the end of the summer, so I could take my time finding real work.

con: I would only be making minimum wage.

pro: I would be making some money instead of blogging all day and pretending to look for work.

con: Horses smell bad.

pro: I would be the leader on the trail rides, so I wouldn't really have to pay attention to the other riders.

con: I would live in a tiny town and have learned that there's nothing to do in town when it rains.

pro: I would be right by a lake and a provinical park.

con: I might forget how to write news.

pro: I would learn a new skill.

con: Riding is an expensive habit.

5 comments:

Dreamlover said...

hmmm, sounds like it could be really fun!!

Which way are you swinging?

Ike said...

Um, this is easy. As a journalist myself, I say settle for the saddle, shit and enjoy the rain. That's what life is truly all about anyway. Pro: You could write an interesting book about your experiences. Con: It may not sell that many copies!

geeksters said...

You all win ... I'm officially starting poop-scooping duties on Thursday.

Thanks for the convincing:)

x said...

"Riding is an expensive habit."

better than heroin, sis.

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.