Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Jobs galore

I have another interview booked. This one will be face-to-face because the job is in the same province in which I live. Imagine.

I am in no way qualified for this position and am quite surprised that I got called again after a brief phone interview in which I confessed not knowing how to do even the most simple, basic requirements.

This is, as you may have guessed, not a journalism job.

It's working as a trail guide at a summer camp! With horses! And cute little kids! And cabins! And a lake! And ice cream! And the !!!s continue.

I've never done more than go on trail rides as a camper and pet horses on their noses. One time I got up to a trot, but that's all the experience I have.

I have no idea what to wear when applying to be a trail guide/stable hand/poop scooper. Definately not a suit. But should I go looking professional or looking ready to saddle up in case the interview includes a surprise practical skills test?

Ps. The Lonely Photograper updated her blog with pictures of babies and a horse. (I can't get the link to work, but looking up thelonelyphotographer in the search tool will get you there.)

No comments: