Thursday, June 15, 2006

My best kid

Apologies to those who've gotten used to my eight-post days.

Things are hectic here, with only a few days to pack, to buy all the things I need for my suite, to spend a few great dates with my baby sister, to find a cheap but reliable car that can handle country roads in the winter, to call everyone and let them know I'm leaving and to get used to the idea that I won't live in a big busy house full of fun and laughing and sisters jumping out at each other in the dark.

Yesterday I was excited about my new life; today I've started to realize how much I'll miss what I'm leaving behind. I wish I could pack up my family and bring them along too. The Photographer will most likely be staying with me for the first few days, so we'll have a few adventures before she heads back home, so that should make the transition easier. Faunty quit her awful job, so I'm trying to convince her to come out for a visit too.

I will miss my littlest sister so much. I wish I would have taken her to the science centre, the playground, the museum, the art gallery, the movies, the symphony and the swimming pool more often. I wish I would have spent more time brushing her hair and playing board games with her. I love her so much.

She's strong enough to knock me over sometimes when we fight and she's getting really good a soccer. She's silly and fun and always full of jokes. When I babysit her, she likes to sleepover in my room on the floor. She's cute and smart and when she plays dress up, she likes to pretend she's a scientist. She doesn't like baking with me, but she's always ready to do experiments. She's also an amazing artist. She likes drawing horses running through fields with the sun shining down on them.

She's such a wonderful little girl and I hate that my decision to move is making her sad.

I will miss her and her wild laughter so much. I'll call and e-mail and send her letters, but it won't be the same.

At least my blog friends are portable. And at least I found a job that seems perfect for me. And maybe I'll save so much money living in my tiny apartment that I'll be able to make a lot of trips home.

6 comments:

Amanda Franks said...

The bittersweetness of new beginnings is, well bittersweet. I hope you are able to enjoy more of the sweet and not so much bitter.

Dreamlover said...

Yeah, this transistion in ones life is always hard! ;0(

Jen said...

Aw ... I love your love for your little sister. I'm proud of you taking this big step! :)

geeksters said...

I've mostly stopped following the news about the war because it makes me feel angry and hopeless. It seems to me that the goal is to kill everyone so there's no one left for the oil to go to besides the American rescuers.

Thanks for sharing that shed of good news, P. It would be nice if that debate could be the start of something big.

Hope you're reading your newspapers on the sand, enjoying the sun.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Yoga and pilates claesses at sharjah accutane side affect download epson printer drivers over the counter zyban power pump saab steering Johnson+&+johnson contact lenses uk paintballing lincolnshire Teaching table tennis Fiat multipla side impact protection

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »