Monday, June 12, 2006

Continuing with my favorite theme...

I made this lovely cake* for my mother last year or the year before.



The Photographer tried to fix the cake, but decided it was beyond repair and took this photo to mock my culinary abilities. Even so, I still think the cake is quite charming.

I recently stumbled across a blog full of pictures of cake and spent far too much time staring at the computer screen, so I thought I'd pass my addiction on. The beautiful treats are at jintrinsique.blogspot.com.

*This cake containes no traces of boiled bones, although one flower was harmed in its making.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a work of art. Perhaps more in the style of picasso, but still very much art.

Dreamlover said...

OMG! I am so hungry for cake now!!

Anonymous said...

I think your cake is quite adorable. I would totally eat it. :)

Dino said...

I love it the cake is unique. Everyone can make a cemetrical and perfectly proportional cake it takes an artist to do something different.

jin said...

Oh...it's CUTE! Made from the heart & that's what counts most!

Thanks for the publicity, too! :-)

I am a vegetarian ALL the time & vegan 1/2 the time. I do know what gelatin is made from & it makes me sick every time I think about it. :-P YUCK!

geeksters said...

Hi Jin,

I'm flattered that the maker of the most decadent looking cakes stopped by my blog:)

I'm about half vegan too. I eat yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese and ice cream, but never have milk, eggs or gelatin.

Rice dream is delicious and ener-g egg replacer is flour that works like eggs in baking.

x said...

dance, 10.

looks, 3.