Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Double booked

I did something terrible.

Before I agreed to the trail-guide job, I applied for another reporting position in a small town.

The editor called to schedule me for an interview. Even though the town is several hours away, she wants me to drive down instead of asking me questions over the phone and saving me $100 worth of gas.

She wants me there on Thursday afternoon. The stable wants me to start Thursday morning.

I really don't know what to do. I need to hurry up and tell one boss that I changed my mind. But first I need to make a decision and I'm notoriously bad at making up my mind.

By the way, I just called the horseback riding town's municipal office and left a message asking what infrastructure they have in place for the seasonal influx in resident workers. Why couldn't I have used normal, non-pretentious words? I wouldn't call me back either.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if the horsey place doesn't have acceptable accomodations, than that makes your decision much easier I would thank. However, it is hard to pass up the smell of urine and horse pop.

Tough call, I suggest you try to do what I do, try and win the lottery. If I figure out how to do tht I will certainly give you a heads up.

Tanya Kristine said...

funny.

100 miles? she could possiblely interview you over the phone but won't? Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Apex amex dvd player Baccarat baccarat

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »