Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The last of the light nights

Tomorrow will be just as exciting as Christmas for me. I'll be getting a wonderful gift that I've been dying for since I moved here -- huge room-darkening blinds.

Street lights shine right through my windows and mini-blinds aren't doing much about it. It's unbearable because I can't sleep unless it's as dark outside my eyelids as inside. I've tried hanging blankets and towels and dark jackets to keep the light out, but it's never enough.

Now I have a tablecloth pinned to the window frame and a blanket is hanging over it, blocking out a little more light.

My new blinds are even more exciting because they're free. My landlord felt bad for my predicament and is letting me take them off my rent.

The only thing I'm concerned about is putting them up. I don't have a ladder, hammer, screwdriver or measuring tape. It could be an interesting evening.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad you got them! I'm sure putting them up should be interesting without the tools.