Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sometimes I'm afraid of criminals

What kind of person:
- bites someone else's leg?
- punches and kicks someone in the face?
- runs out of a store, setting of the alarm and shows the manager who chases him out a knife hidden up his sleeve?
- punches his sister so hard in the forehead that her face swells?

Probably not the kind of person I'd want to have follow me home.

I've decided it's best for me to stop by my office every time I leave court before going home, just in case someone gets mad that I'm writing about them in the paper and wants to find out where I live.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm in danger.

I've heard two people complaining about there being a reporter in court and since these people aren't the most reputable characters, I wonder what they might do.

Oh, the curse of an overactive imagination.

7 comments:

geeksters said...

I didn't bite you hard enough to leave "visible toothmarks" or to draw blood. It was more like a nip, rather than criminal activity.

My apartment is so tiny, I'd know if anyone else was there. The newest problem though is that I just realized my escape route (out the window, across the buillding beside mine, and down the fence) is also a potential way in.

geeksters said...

Nipping is not assault when it's done as a joke. Okay? That is all.

geeksters said...

Stop making me seem like an unsavory charachter or I'll bite your forehead.

Jen said...

Stay safe! Maybe you should take a self-defense class just to be sure.

;)

BTW, if something does happen to you- can have the rights to the novel. What a great book that would be!

geeksters said...

If I die out here, you can certainly write the book, Jen.

I've taken a self-defence course, but I've learned I don't have the coordination to pull off any of the moves. Plus I don't think the classes teach how to ward off biters.

x said...

carry mace, sis.

oh, and a quick knee in the balls is always a sure fire passion killer.

failing this, punch in the nose, exerting force up. the bone is quite delicate, and if you do it right then bits of it will lodge in the brain, hemmorage generally occurs, death shortly after.

never let fear control your actions.

ball out, sis, balls out.

geeksters said...

Good advice, P. Although I think you've convinced me never to punch someone in the nose.