Thursday, August 17, 2006

Weird story from the archives

I lived in a snowboarding mountain town the year I was 19. I moved into a house with a girl I didn't know and she went on holidays a day or two after I moved in.

She had a cousin who needed a place to stay because he was visiting for a week and before I moved in she told him he could stay at her place. Before she left, she keep apologizing that she was leaving me with her creepy older cousin, but I didn't really care. I was just glad for a place to live.

Her cousin seemed a little strange, but not too bad. He liked me, but I wasn't interested.

The day he was leaving, I showered and went to work. When I got home he was gone.

Also gone were my delicious-smelling pink Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner.

My roommate thought I had just misplaced the bottles or used them up without noticing. It wasn't until about two years later, on his next visit, that she believed me.

When he left, he left my half-empty shampoo and conditioner bottles on the edge of her bathtub.

9 comments:

geeksters said...

Which is more annoying: anonymous spam or having to type in spam-blocking letters everytime you leave a comment?

Being a poor typer, I tend to think is spam the lesser misfortune.

Jen said...

Bizzare. Especially that he kept the bottles for two years.

Michelle said...

I agree with you on the spam. What on earth could people be thinking. How much spare time do they have? And, whatever happened to that cross dressing guy who appeared in your comment section?

Samantha said...

Crrrrrrrrrrreepy.

I probably would have jumped 10 feet in the air. I'm easily creeped out.

geeksters said...

If we're thinking about the same person, Michelle, I don't think he's a cross dresser. I remember his saying once that "everything is black and Dior homme" so he had time to pick on Jen and I. He commented on my Namaste post and seems to be doing well.

The shampoo stealer was creepy, but it's kind of flattering in a grotesque and disturbing way.

geeksters said...

I do remember a little grease.

x said...

michelle:

once again, proving the obvious.

silly ignorant suburban cunt.

cross dressers, or transvestites, are almost exclusively heterosexual, its a freaky sexual fetish, and quite odd to even my liberal mind. you would be shocked to discover the prevalence of this, its far more common than your tiny little brain can imagine.

and, f.y.i., the last snatch i saw in the closeup was the one i crawled out of.

furthur, just coz i'm a real nice fella, and i believe in education, lets get the rest of this straight:

drag queens are generally homos, and its far closer to entertainer than creepy wierdo.

transexuals are gender dysmorphic, which is a legitimate and tragic illness. to know one was born into the wrong body and have to take the extreme and traumatic measures to correct this takes incredible strength and fortitude. the trannies i know, and i know quite a few, are some of the most empathic, and also the toughest people around.

x said...

sorry, darling, what i really meant to do before i was distracted was say:

fabulous!

you're a legit freak magnet, obviously.

geeksters said...

I think that given how often you mention clothing, P, you would have to admit it would be easy to have the wrong impression. If you'll recall, I wasn't quite sure initially if you were male or female.

In school a few of my classmates made a documentary about gay people doing drag shows. One girl was gluing hair onto her skin to look like sideburns and a beard. Just thinking about that glued on hair makes me a little nautious.

***

I think weirdos feel comfortable around me because I'm (almost) as strange as them.

It's funny what all you find fabulous, P.