Monday, August 07, 2006

Baby face

Faunty is 20 and I am 24, but people always think we look a lot younger than we are.

A few years ago a friend of mine was shocked to find out that Faunty was older than 12. One summer about four years ago a 13-year-old girl thought I was the same age as her. And when I was paying admission for the grounds today, the worker asked if I was under 17 and seemed quite surprized when I said no.

Tonight we decided to see how old we look to the "experts."

At the guess-your-age-weight-or-birth-month booth, the worker guessed Faunty was 17 and thought I was 20. We both won lovely prizes and are considering making an annual trip to the fair to confuse the workers and pick up some gifts.

People always tell Faunty and I that we'll appreciate looking young when we get much older, but I'm appreciating my kid face and my blue zebra right now. I also like being able to wear children's sun glasses because kids get all the neat sparkly ones and they're always so much cheaper than grown-up shades.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Funny. I would guess you at 24 or so.

Jordan, on the other hand, hahaha. About 2 years ago we walked in to Canadian Tire (so Jordan was 22). A woman greeted us and asked if I wanted a Canadian Tire credit card. I said "no". She turned to Jordan and said "Sorry! I'd offer you one but you have to be 18."

Happens all the time. :)

geeksters said...

That's funny, Jen. I bet people give him some strange looks when they see his wedding band then.

Andy, how could you tell I squished my zebra's head into the scanner? I thought one of your parole conditions was to stop spying on people.

geeksters said...

I'm glad to know you're working hard to enrich your community in the lovely land of Wisconsin.

I was in Wisconsin once and came back with a totally cool purple and green flowered jumper. It was like a dress, but the skirt was actually shorts. Who knew such treasures existed in Wisconsin?

x said...

i just had to have another 600 bucks worth of fucking botulism injected into myself today, so you can imagine how amused i am by 'oh i look so young' stories.

although, on a positive note, this hot 18 year old texan i shagged the other day found my passport. poor kid, i think he was a bit mortified. he thought i was 25. it turns out i'm the same age as his dad. ouch.

amen for modern medicine. i don't give a fuck if i die from a heart attack, as long as i look good in the ambulance.

geeksters said...

Botulism, that's funny. I didn't know you were a can of toxic green beans :)

I didn't think you'd be a fan of Texans, but I suppose there are good ones in every bunch. His dad must have been just a young thing when he was born then.

Your last sentence seems to be your motto. Good thing you can afford all the botulism you want :)