Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Millions of peaches

The grocery store had a sale on 10-pound boxes of peaches.

Being a single person living on my own, it would seem more rational to buy say five or six peaches, not 30. But I think it's already been established that I am not, in fact, a rational creature.

My boss and I are splitting the case of peaches, but I'm still consuming them in mass quanities. My tummy doesn't feel so good, but that's completely besides the point. There are peaches galore waiting to be gobbled up.

4 comments:

x said...

daiquiris, darling, daiquiris.

if, when life hands one lemons, one should make lemonade, then the logical extension, therefore, should have you sipping frozen peach daiquiris for the rest of the summer.

and also, i have a special place in my heart for peaches.

Unknown said...

Are they peaches for me?
Are they peaches for free?

I think I just dated myself.
I feel sad now.

geeksters said...

Don't worry, Real. I keep singing that little song in my head every time I eat one. When I was carrying the box home, I was dancing just a tiny bit to the peaches song too.

geeksters said...

Peaches are enough for me straight off the pit. No point messing with perfection, I figure. I just ate two wonderful peaches for breakfast.