Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Superstitions

I'm not afraid to walk under a ladder (thanks for the spell checking) and if I say I've never had a broken bone, I don't immediately knock on my desk or a wall.

But when it comes to breaking mirrors, I can't help but feel like something terrible will happen. I've broken two mirrors so far. One was an accident, but the second one I used to hit Faunty -- either in a fit of rage or for a joke. I hit her with the nice, non-shardy plastic back, but the glass shattered on the impact.

Breaking two mirrors should mean 14 years of bad luck following me around. But I dropped a hand mirror on the floor this morning and it didn't break. Perhaps I'm lucky afterall...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I always say I'm not superstitious, but yeah if I broke a mirror I might think so. But then my head says that I will just make it harder, so I don't know, but its nice to know you didn't have to clean up bits of glass this morning!

geeksters said...

Guitly. I must be the most illiterate reporter that ever existed. I am what's wrong with society and literacy and education.