Monday, July 03, 2006

The perfect solution

My eight-year-old sister is having a hard time with me moving away.

Yesterday she gave me a note, warning me that: "it's a little bit funny and a little bit mean."

The note says:

"I miss you, geeksters. I wish you lived with us still. I hope you get fired from work."

What a brilliant problem solver she is. If I got fired I'd be back home with more time than ever to play with her.

Part of me, the part that misses her, is also hoping I get fired.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is really sweet, in a mean sorta way.

Amanda Franks said...

I love the minds of kids. When you can just say what you're thinking and not worry about how it comes out. I'm sure she'll make the transition soon, and so will you!

jin said...

That is really cute! LOL. Sounds like she totally idolizes you! Send her a card now & then for no special reason...I used to really love that when my older brother did that for me. :-)

geeksters said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Jin. She and I agreed that I should write her lots of letters, but randon surprizes seem like a good idea too.