Saturday, July 29, 2006

Remarkably resourceful

Faunty and I are in the midst of a lovely evening. We went to a cheap-theater movie and hung out at Shopper's Drug Mart in the make up and hair dye aisles. We love to play with testers and we found her a poppin' orange lipstick.

After the movie, The Breakup, we decided to go for a little walk.

I had no hair elastics or other ponytail fasterners, so I took inventory of everything in my car. I ripped a plastic bag* handle off and put it in my hair. Faunty was embarrassed to be seen with me, but it did the trick.



(I couldn't fit my whole ponytail into the scanner, but you get the idea.)

*I hate throwing plastic bags out, so I've made it my goal to use as few as possible and recycle the ones I have. Now I don't know what to do with the rest of the bag. Perhaps I'll have to manufacture a matching headband. Faunty thinks plastic socks would be neat. Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to our date.

** Apparently recycling makes one hip, artsy and smart. Have a look at www.littlebrowndress.com or http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/GetOffTheSpendingTreadmill.aspx?GT1=8307 if you don't believe me.

1 comment:

geeksters said...

Plastic-bag rain hats double as suffocation devices too. How useful to serve so many purposes.

That's really unfortunate if regular recycling is just more wasting. It sounds similar to the problem with the tar sands -- that it takes more oil to get anything out of the sand than the oil that comes out.