Monday, July 24, 2006

Children's chewables

For a few brief moments yesterday I was terrified I was going to die.

Usually I eat children's chewable vitamins because grown ups' vitamins are gross. But I wanted to be healthier, so I bought a new kind of vitamin that seems to have everything in it. The problem is it's huge — it's about the size of the tops of one of my fingers, knuckle and nail included.

I prepared myself, took a big drink of water and tried to wash that pill down, but it turned sideways in my throat. I couldn't breathe. I was afraid I was going to die there in my kitchen and no one would find me.

So I'm working on writing my will and am chewing up a candy-flavoured kids' vitamin right now.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Seriously. I feel your pain. I've decided my throat is way too small to swallow pills of any kind.

Samantha said...

Its better to take those kids ones than no vitamin at all. If you compare the ingredients in them to adult ones, they aren't that far off.
My vitamins are gigantor ones like you mentioned, and I'm so used to them that I just pop one, sip water and go. But that took practice. haha.
Go with what works for you!

geeksters said...

That does sound delicious, Faunty. I could really go for some calcium-iron-zinc soup right now.

I didn't have to Heimlich myself. I didn't even think about it. All that went through my mind was, "What if I die and no one finds me." I would have thought I'd fight more against my own impending death though.

Melissa said...

Hi - just found your blog and had to comment on this. There are adult chewable vitamins. I take them myself for the same reason! :) They're harder to find but they do exsist!

geeksters said...

Wonderful. I need to find me some adult nutritional candies like that!

Andrea said...

OMG I almost choked on my coffee....cause I've BEEN There

this FEAR that I'm going to choke and not be found

you poor thing, I send you a CYBER huggie....

:)