Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Paid field trips

I went to court this morning. There weren't any big trials or anything, but it was still cool to be getting paid to watch the justice system at work. There were a few drunk driving charges, a vandalism fine and other assorted small things.

Being in court reminded me why I don't want to be a lawyer. I've thought about being a lawyer now and then because I like having debates and I like being right.

But there's so much paperwork and the first hour or so is usually spent asking to delay specific cases. It would be exciting to do the big cases, but not to shuffle through all the papers and to keep postphoning everyhing.

My next little adventure will be tomorrow morning. I'm going to a farm. Really going to a farm to help with chores and everything. Tomorrow I think I'll feel like that girl from Little House on the Prairie. I might even have to braid my hair.

I love getting paid to dive into other people's lives and to have all the adventures I can dream up.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like such a great opportunity! I think you'd be a great lawyer. You already are a fantastic journalist. :)

geeksters said...

You're too kind, Jen.