Saturday, October 28, 2006

A twist of irony

I just got back to my parents' house with a van and a car full of stuff. I came back a day early because I'm doing a little work as an extra in a true-crimes T.V. movie and we're shooting tomorrow.

I didn't know what my character would be or if I would just be in a crowd scene until a few minutes ago when I got an e-mail from the casting director. I'm playing a reporter. How weird is that?

I'm a little disappointed that I never get picked to play drug addicts, homeless bums or any of the other crass exciting roles. The last time I worked for this production company, I played an off-duty police officer. I guess I must look wholesome.

**************

Filming was mostly boring because we were doing a lot of waiting, but the parts we were actually filming were fun. I was playing a T.V. reporter, so I had a camera man with me and was pretending to do a live hit in front of a court room.

I dressed for the part and was very glad I had. The other female reporter had to change into a hideous flowered dress with shoulder pads.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is still kind of cool being in a tv movie.

I was once interviewed for a tv news show and I sounded like a moron.

Chris said...

Well you could always play a reporter who has a drug habbit.

Anonymous said...

What fun! I am jealous. :)

x said...

how embarrassing.