Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The "lying contest"

I have a date with justice today.

A case about a drunk driver who crashed and gave his passenger some brutal injuries is going to trial today. I've been following his case since July and am curious to see what will happen next. He's pretty much guaranteed to go to jail and could face up to 10 years in prison.

He had pled guilty before, but I think he got scared when he realized how bad the consequences could be. I read somewhere that the fight for justice is really only a lying contest. So I guess I'll soon find out who the better liar is.

I think he'll be found guilty but might only recieve a year or two in jail.

Update: So the case has been postponed again. It's not going to happen until January 11. Maybe I'll come back to town to cover it if the paper pays for my gas.

No comments: