Friday, April 28, 2006

To my most hostile visitor

"Jesus loves me,"

Guess what? I went to the doctor today about my scratchy throat and after a few sympathetic noises he said I have tonsillitus -- not an imaginary illness. So unless my hypocondria is so severe that it causes my body to manifest actual symptoms, I would like to take this moment to point out that I was right and you were, most unfortunately, incorrect in your latest diagnosis.

A few days ago before your comments turned less mean and even shockingly nice, I showed one of my sisters what you had written. She was horrified and couldn't understand why I kept laughing.

Despite your often vulgar language, open hostility and the personal attacks you seem to thrive on, I find that you write the way my classmates and I have been trained for editorial writing with your mixture of facts, quotes and biting criticism.

You're so sarcastic and so backed up with facts that it's difficult to argue with anything you have to say. If I were an editor, I'd hire you in a second for the scathing political commentaries I'm sure you could provide -- although there'd have to be a clause somewhere in the contract limiting the use of profanities, of course.

Too bad we have similar ideas on reproduction, because I'd like to battle you in such a subjective debate. A duel of logic. A war of the keyboards. A match between my education and experience as a reporter against your name-dropping, thoroughly-researched arguments.

But then again, it seems both of us are pretty stubborn, neither would ever concede defeat, and I would more likely than not end up with a few fish carcasses buried in my attic.

5 comments:

Jen said...

:)

I like you Geekster.

Jen said...

BTW, get well soon. :)

geeksters said...

I like you too, Jen. And I like "Jesus loves me" too. What a day for affirmations.

x said...

j'adore! c'est tout pour moi?

i feel like a janet jackson song

tonsils are redundant. whip em out, and those stupid adenoids too while you're at it. 'tonsillitis' is also common medical jargon for "yes dear, you have a sore throat". 'itis' as a suffix means 'inflamed'. inflamed tonsils. red throat.

the less flesh you got in the way back there the better, anyway. unless you got a thing for dudes with pencil dicks, in which case, each to their own.

you developed it because you were overwhelmed with your premiere and your cunty professors. any illness is your body's way of returning focus from external influence. take a load off, sally.

gargle salt every hour, gone in 48 hours max.

ibuprofen for pain rather that aspirin, paracetamol or acetamenophen. it's an anti-inflammatory.

get a shitload of temazepam from the doctor while you're there. try: 'the pain is keeping me awake at night and i'm suffering anxiety from worrying about my heath'. it's really the unsung hero of the benzodiazapene family. 4 hour half life. knocks you out but won't hold you down. unlike mothers little helper at 200 hours. you never know when you need them.

"and couldn't understand why I kept laughing"
sense of irony? sense of self? sense of humour, perhaps?

"ever concede defeat"
au contraire, mon cher. j'adore it when someone can prove to me i'm wrong. please, be my guest.

and not attic, under the roof tiles, in the ceiling. under the floorboards will do the trick too.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
Ladies dress shoes sandals http://www.purchaseativanonline.info/Buyativanwithnoprescription.html Waterproof steel toe boot five ten climbing shoes sacouny shoes Orthopedic safety shoes