Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A bit of bragging

All the marks are in for this semester. And they're good! Good enough for honours! Yay! And to think I was worried I might never graduate and that maybe I couldn't do well in school. It sure is a nice way to end my four year stay.

That isn't the only good news I've heard today...

The documentary I've been working on all semester with my classmates is now finished. The documentary is about child abuse and we produced it for a local organization that is working to keep children safe. The organization has watched it and loves it. They're having a screening fundraiser on Thursday night to show it off.

CBC radio is interested in our screening and wants to interview someone from our group tomorrow afternoon. I volunteered to do the interview and now I'm getting nervous. I'm way more comfortable asking the questions than responding to them. It better not be live in case I throw up in the middle of the interview!

I just found out that the show is going to air on TV! It will be showing on a local station on May 2. Even though we were prepared to make major changes to the show if the broadcaster wanted us to, they want it as it is and only suggested minor changes in the credits. I'm so proud we made something that good. Our success with the documentary means even more because it's about something so important and could make a difference.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's awesome!! Congrats. I wish I got that station because I would be watching it. :)

geeksters said...

If it airs on CBC, which it might if everything goes as hoped, I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »