Friday, April 14, 2006

Free

Yesterday I wrote what could have been my last exam ever. And today I am putting the final touches on my last essay. I don't feel ready to be kicked out of my little cocoon yet. A few people from my class have jobs already -- one is going to Toronto, one to Edmonton and two to film a documentary in India. But most of us have no idea what to do now.

I'm going on a family holiday for about a week and will take my paints and enjoy the sun and the mountains. And besides walking across the stage in June, this holiday is my only solid plan for the rest of my future.

It's scary not to have a plan but it's also exciting to know I could go anywhere and do anything. Just for fun, I applied for an internship in Africa. There are positions all across the continent and they'll pick where I go if I get the job. Who could ask for anything more than a free flight and a guaranteed adventure?!