Thursday, April 06, 2006

I like her anyways

After months of ferocious massages each week that leave me sore for days afterwards, I finally learned what my sweet young masseuse does for fun .... she's in karate. So after she's done massaging me, she goes to the gym and shatters boards with her fists.

She told me about karate while pummeling my back and for few minutes I couldn't stop thinking that I was feeling my bones crack under her hands. Then she started on my neck -- which I already hated because it both tickles and feels gross -- when I started to worry that her fingers pushing on throat might accidentally push all the way though to my esophagus. Eww.

Normally I love my mean massages because it means I'm getting better after having been in two car accidents a few months ago. (One was my fault for not paying attention, the other was my karma catching up to me). But now that I know my masseuse could kill me if she felt like it or wasn't paying attention, it's a little scary.

But in between the most hurty parts, I love going for massages. I just never want to hear about her martial arts skills again.

1 comment:

Amanda Brown said...

Massages are great. When I was in Regina I went to see my mom's masseuse and she was a scary lady who did strange things to me. I felt worse when I left than I had when I came in. My masseuse in Summerland is a gentle hippy, so I like that much better. :)