Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The waiting is over

The woman doing the hiring for the public-relations job I want called late yesterday afternoon.

She began by saying, "I'm sorry. I have a few more ...."

She kind of paused and seemed to be searching for a word, so I tried to help her out by starting to say "more qualified candidates" and was prepared to ask what I could have done differently. It turned out she had been trying to say that she had a few more references to check and would let me know her final decision tomorrow.

She called this morning and offered me the job. Yay!

Now I need to go shopping and get me a business woman's wardrobe.

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey, congrats! Maybe this job will suit you a little better. Fun to shop for new outfits, too :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!I have been waiting to hear the outcome and I am so happy you got the job!I hope it's all you hope for and that you find it interesting and fulfilling.Kickyboots'momma.

Marla said...

whaaaahoooo!!! have fun clothes shopping!

Jen said...

Congrats! Very good news.

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYA! :)

Jill said...

YEAH!!!!!

Amanda Franks said...

I finally had time to catch up with you, I'm so glad you got some good news. Hope you enjoy the job, I can't wait to hear about your co-workers.

jfur said...

hooray gooray yippee!!!

Jen said...

I'm so curious as to where you will be working now. Any hints?

geeksters said...

Thanks everyone.

I don't want to say much about the job so I'll be able to blog about it, but it's big. If things go well, it will put me right on track for the kind of career I want.