Thursday, January 25, 2007

Phew

My pointy shoes are off, my hair has been freed from its too-tight bun and I have finally stopped sweating.

People keep asking how the interview went and I don't know what to say. Parts were horrible and other parts were great. I had no opportunity to reveal what I know about the company's mission or the information I gleaned from the annual report. I had to admit I didn't know the answer to one of the interview questions about developing effective marketing strategies.

But I made the interviewers laugh a few times, they seemed impressed by my writing samples and they seemed to appreciate the scenarios I talked about from my work at the newspaper.

I won't be too surprised if I get the job and I won't be too surprised if I don't. I did some yoga and listened to classical music to calm down before the interview, so that may account for my more zen state of mind.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Interviews are always a gong show. I'm sure you did swell. At least you know that you did the best you could! Best wishes on being patient for the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'll be thinking of you as you wait for the results.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did fine!!
Keep us posted.