Saturday, January 27, 2007

On the Snowplower and non-single friends

My friends, who are all in serious relationships, hate the Snowplower. None of them have met him, but they've heard a bit about him -- both good and bad -- from me.

One of my friends got angry with me for still liking him and was making me feel terrible for giving him another chance. Others seem annoyed when I tell them the cute things he had to say.

I like him and I'm tired of feeling like I have to defend my decision to keep talking to him. It sucks when my friends give me a list of reasons why I should get rid of the Snowplower and then talk about how wonderful their boyfriends/husbands are or about the fabulous plans they have for that evening.

I miss having single friends, I miss being able to relate to my best girls and I miss the days when my friends always had time for me.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You're the person who has to deal with your decisions so your opinion is the one that matters most!

That being said- sometimes girlfriends who aren't as close to the situation as you and who don't have emotions involved have a much clearer picture of the relationship.

Good luck with the snowplower, which ever way you should choose!

Lindsay said...

I completly understand what you are saying with this post. I miss having single friends too.

Amanda Franks said...

I guess I got to this post a bit late, but I would say for future relationships to really take what other people say with a grain of salt. If I had just listened to my close girlfriends I would have not married Nick and I really can't imagine life without him.