Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sometimes it's confusing in my head

You know how I said the Snowplower and I were done? We're not. In future posts it would be wise to disregard anything I say about our status because everything keeps changing.

We argue a lot because we don't really understand each other and because I read too much into the things he says. We had (another) disagreement yesterday morning (where he was clearly in the wrong) but I decided to give him another chance because I haven't had a job since we met and have had far too much time to spend analyzing every last bit of our "relationship" and getting mad about things that may not have even happened.

We were hanging out yesterday when he said something I found a little bit weird. He had his hands around my waist and said, "you're skinny." Well I'm not and I don't even want to be. I'm thin maybe or average or proportioned or toned, but not skinny. And the Snowplower isn't much bigger than me. He's taller, with nice big shoulders, but I bet I could borrow his jeans and not need a belt.

I'm sure he meant it as a compliment but it seemed strange, like he was just saying it because he thought I wanted to hear it. Which leads me in all my craziness to think that maybe he actually thinks I'm not thin enough, even though it's the opposite of what he said and doesn't make any sense. I'm even confusing myself.

I'm trying to stop going over our mundane conversations and looking for hidden meanings. I think everything will be a lot easier for me once I start my new job (did I mention it doesn't start until the middle of February?) and have more to think about.

No comments: