Friday, January 19, 2007

The job hunt and related rambling

Yesterday was the last day anyone interested in the PR job I want could apply. I'm going to spend the weekend reading up on the company and preparing in case they ask me to come in for an interview.

I got a nice rejection letter in the mail from the Terry Fox Run organization. I had applied for an administration position that I knew I wasn't qualified for but was sure I'd be able to do.

My rejection letter came yesterday after my sisters and I went to a little Mary Kay makeup party. We tried on some lovely eyeshadows and sparkly lip glosses and I ended up getting a really pretty copper eyeliner. The woman who hosted the party told me I'd be "imminently qualified" to be a hostess with the company, but that's not quite what I'm looking for in a job.

In any case, it was nice to have an offer to balance out the rejection.

As an aside that's indirectly related to my working situation, the Snowplower called again yesterday (and the day before) and it seems like he remembers everything I've ever told him. We have good conversations and laugh a lot, but he still hasn't asked me on another date.

I had an epiphany last night that seems to make sense based on a few things he's said: Maybe he just doesn't want to start anything with an unemployed bum. Afterall if the situation were reversed, I wouldn't be inclined to get involved with someone who lives with his parents, stays home all the time, has no source of income and who may be more interested in my money than in me.

I know it's pathetic that I've spent enough time analyzing the situation to come up with a forgivable excuse for his behaviour, but I like him. And it seems like he might actually want to spend time with me once (/if) I get a job.

No comments: