Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Eve plans

My friend, the perfect one, and I have come up with a (hopefully) fail-proof plan for having a great New Year's Eve.

We're going to have a sleepover and drink raspberry and apple martinis in her parent's basement (she's living at home while she works on her masters thesis and her parents are conveniently out of the country). We're also going to soak in her hot tub, paint our toenails, watch a stack of movies, eat a bunch of baking and make New Year's resolutions for each other.

I'm really looking forward to having such a laid-back time. I've found New Year's Eve parties to be quite exhausting and they don't usually turn out all that well.

My best New Year's Eve so far was three years ago. A friend and I got all dressed up and went to a trendy downtown bar where we drank free champagne and danced with a bunch of cute geeky boys. We had a blast.

That's the only New Year's Eve where I remember having a great time. One year I resorted to playing Bingo with a friend, another year the guys my friends and I spent New Year's Eve with ran outside at the stroke of midnight to shoot their guns into the sky, another year the party I was at was so lame I started walking home a few minutes after midnight, and another year I pretended to be sick so I could stay home alone and mope after a crappy breakup.

It's nice to know that this year I don't have to worry about fending off leering old men, about making awkward conversation with strangers and about finding a safe ride home.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love laid back new years. First of all, it's pretty overrated. So, Jordan and I snuggle up on the couch, eat appys, watch a movie and ring in the new year in our own special way. And yes I mean that in a way that is likely way too much information. ;)

my apologies.

geeksters said...

Eww. Thanks for that. Happy New Year anyways.

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun!
Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Happy happy New Year Geekster. Hope your life unfolds as it should this year.