Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

My little sister is getting very excited about Christmas. She asked me not to show her the present I wrapped up for her because it will make her too impatient for Christmas morning.

She's nine now and seems to be in the midst of a belief crisis. She doesn't really think the toothfairy, the Easter bunny and Santa Claus exist. Yesterday she asked me if Santa was real and if I believed in him. I told her that I don't not believe in him. No one has ever been able to prove that he doesn't exist and I'd like to think that he does.

(I also refuse to accept it when people say that Harry Potter and his wizard friends don't exist. All I know is that I've never seen a magical flying car or learned to conjure up a flock of birds.)

So my little sister and I will sleep in the living room, next to the Christmas tree, waiting for Santa to come and hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

Merry Christmas all! I hope you have a magical time and enjoy all the candy canes and sugar cookies you can eat.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are such a nice big sister! I'm having my littlest sis sleepover tonight but I doubt she'll want to cuddle under the tree with me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! :)