Friday, December 01, 2006

Another gross job

Too bad no one guessed I'd quit my job after 5.5 hours. You little darlings have entirely too much faith in me.

I quit a few minutes into my lunch break after these events occured:

1. The HR woman tried to get my new co-workers and I to sign a contract for $9.50 an hour even though the job ad we replied to said we would be making $10.00 an hour. We had to convince her to give us our proper pay rate and in return she made it so we wouldn't be eligible for a raise until we had been there for a year.

2. My contract also stated that I was hired as a full-time worker. I never agreed to that and was told I could have a part-time shift.

3. In my interview I said that I was only available for the day shifts and wouldn't consider working a night shift. That was totally fine with the guy that hired me, but when my supervisor found out that I didn't want to work nights, he made it seem like I was being unreasonable. He pointed out another woman in our training class and said because she has children she has an "excuse" to only work day shifts but I'm selfish because I don't want to work the crappy shifts.

4. I used my cell phone on a break and my supervisor saw me. He waited until our training class was together again to say, very chastisingly, that we aren't allowed to use cell phones unless we're in the lunch room.

5. I had a nosebleed on a two-minute break and was a few minutes late getting back to work. That, of course, warranted another public chastisment.

6. Also, the job is boring and in a suffocating environment.

7. I couldn't think of a single reason to stay.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Too many red flags popped up on your first day. Better to find out sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Jen said. No point staying if you knew you'd be miserable.