Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sometimes I am lame

I just did something pathetic.

There's this anti-war organization that's doing a lot of good work in the country and that is connected to quite a few brilliant researchers and reporters whose work impresses me. I felt bad about not being able to donate to a campaign I believe in so I offered to volunteer, thinking I could help out by licking stamps or organizing mailing lists or something.

Well, the director of the whole organization e-mailed back almost immediately and asked if I would write for them to help people in my province better understand the issues. I said no. That's too huge and too intimidating and too important.

***

Thanks for the encouragement. The director of the organization replied saying a bunch of nice things and asking me to reconsider. I am. But I'm still nervous and intimidated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Email bac and tell him you've reconsidered. You would be the perfect voie!!

Jen said...

I agree with Amanda. Have faith in yourself!

Anonymous said...

what do you have to loose but make a diffference in the world? Have you watched the movie "The Secret?" I highly recommend it!!! Also, dont call it anti-war, make it "pro-peace".

Jen said...

I'm glad you reconsidered! WTG!