Saturday, November 18, 2006

Too much information

1. I am wearing a pair of jeans that are missing a button.
2. I am far too lazy to sew a button onto them.
3. I am also too lazy to find a belt.
4. That's why I'm using a skipping rope as a belt.
5. I moved home three weeks ago and I am living in three bedrooms.
6. There's the spare room, my old room (which became a library in my absence) and the photographer's old room.
7. I've always wanted a personal trainer.
8. Because of a few car accidents I was in last year, now I have one and my sessions are covered by my insurance.
9. I do not like having a personal trainer.
10. I have the skinniest un-muscley arms I've ever seen.
11. My sister, who never exercises, has perfect arms.
12. One time I bit her bicep.
13. That was only a year ago.
14. Faunty and I saw a singing, dancing and acting talent show.
15. The contestants were so terrible we had to watch the whole thing.
16. Then we had our own talent show.
17. We were nearly as good as the daily dancer (dailydancer@blogspot.com).
18. Sometimes Faunty makes me laugh so hard I have to really concentrate on holding my bladded.
19. This does not bode well for my future.
20. In high school I would have contests with other girls to see who could eat the least each day.
21. The days I won, I was so proud of my self-control.
22. There were a lot of days I would only eat a rice crispie square and an apple.
23. There were also a lot of days when I would eat an entire batch of cookies.
24. In hindsight, it's not really surprising that I developed an eating disorder.
25. I've been healthy for close to two years now.
26. That's about how long it's been since I've been in a destructive relationship.
27. I spent $20,000 to earn my degree and quit my career after four months in my field.
28. I don't regret it for a second.
29. I miss school.
30. In my first semester, a professor told me for every drink I bought him, he'd give me two percent on my final mark.
31. I thought he was kidding, so I joked that I could just blackmail him to get a good mark.
32. He wasn't kidding.
33. I didn't write the final exam.
34. Instead, I took a failing grade in the class and took a year off from school.
35. I hate how my glasses fog up when I come in out of the cold.
36. A few mornings ago, I shaved my armpits.
37. I had a nice patch of 5:00 stubble in the evening.
38. That's why I like waxing better than shaving.
39. I had a friend who used Nair on his head because he thought it would be easier than shaving.
40. He got a chemical burn.
41. I'm jealous of all the cool toys my littlest sister got for her birthday.
42. I forgot to watch Grey's Anatomy this week because my littlest sister and I were snuggled up watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
43. I'm trying to sell my car but no one wants to buy it.
44. I never wanted to have a car.
45. I went on quite a few dates with this impossibly attractive guy.
46. He was boring and we had nothing in common.
47. I didn't find that out for a long time, because I did all the talking.
48. My favorite snack is butter, sugar and flour all mixed together.
49. Faunty is watching friends reruns and I have to join her.
50. I wouldn't have made it to 100 anyway.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love that you stopped at 50. I'm laughing out loud.

Anonymous said...

Are you going back to school in January? If yes, what are you going to take?
And congrats on being healthy and away from destructive relationships - that's a pretty big thing to overcome!

geeksters said...

That's one long list, Jen. Did you do your whole list in one sitting?

I don't have any plans for the future yet, Samantha. I haven't found anything that seems perfect.

Sorry to startle and depress you, Andy. The original list was supposed to have 100 things on it, so I'll finish the list with the least startling and depressing stuff I can think of.