Sunday, November 19, 2006

50 more things

1. The photographer used to have terrible allergies.
2. I felt bad for her, but happy for for my healthy non-allergic self.
3. I spent the past week miserable from a surprise allergy I've just developed.
4. A few years ago I found out that I am deathly allergic to the drug that's found in Tylenol (acetominiphine or something like that).
5. I had an out-of-body experience when I took that Tylenol Cold and Flu lemon tea mix.
6. I've never broken any bones, except for my big toe.
7. My dad and I were moving our ping pong table and one of the corners landed on my toe.
8. I'm not sure if was actually broken, but it sure hurt.
9. I've had quite a few near-death experiences.
10. For example, one day I nearly died three times in ten minutes. It was winter and the counrty roads were really slippery.
11. I was behind a truck carrying a bail of hay, when the bail tumbled off the truck and landed about two feet from my head.
12. If I had known how heavy bails of hay were at the time, it would've been scarier.
13. I kept going and couldn't stop at the next intersection I came to. I just barely managed to stop in time to avoid being hit by another truck.
14. The driver of that truck was going slowly, so I got annoyed and went to pass him. I was parallel to the other vehicle, when my car started to fishtail. My car spun around, just missing the truck, and ended up turned around in the other lane, as if telling me to go home.
15. I did go home then. That was definatley enough excitement for me.
16. My family started decorating for Christmas today.
17. I made shortbread cookies to make the atmosphere more festive.
18. There wasn't any white flour, so I had to use whole-wheat flour. Faunty thinks my cookies taste like biscuits.
19. I am a terrible cook.
20. One time I mistook salt for sugar when whipping up a batch of cookies.
21. I'm not very good at playing practical jokes, because I can't do them without laughing.
22. These lists are really hard to do.
23. I'm buying most of my Christmas presents from the World Vision and Foster Parents' Plan gift catalogues. I'm going to buy medical supplies, farm animals and warm clothing for the less fortunate around the world.
24. I don't really care if that's not what my friends and family want for Christmas.
25. I think people have way too much stuff.
26. Sometimes I'm judgemental. (See above).
27. I found a job I might want.
28. It's in the career that I've been thinking of quitting.
29. The editor is going to have to make a lot of promises to get me to work there.
30. My littlest sister thinks I'm the Tooth Fairy.
31. Last Christmas my sisters and I slept in the living room, waiting for Santa to show up.
32. I'm not convinced that Santa is made up.
33. I like when badminton birdies get stuck on the garage and I have to climb on the roof to rescue them.
34. I went cliff jumping off a mountain into melted glacier water.
35. I screamed the whole way down.
36. I climbed to a glacier in Switzerland.
37. I slept under the stars on an air matress in the Sahara.
38. I always hated piano lessons.
39. I also hated figure skating (too cold) and swimming (too much water up the nose).
40. I let out a huge snorting laugh in the first yoga class I went to. That Om chanting can be creepy.
41. I have had wildly inappropriate crushes on pretty much all of my male profs.
42. My really smart friend thinks she and I will both end up being profs because we hate working and like school.
43. I had to get a whole bunch of blood tests done years ago.
44. I was in New Brunswick at the time, so the results came back in French.
45. I still have no idea what all those papers said.
46. I'm getting bored writing this, so I won't be offended if no one reads it.
47. I always win Risk when I get the pink soldiers.
48. I cheat playing Dutch Blitz.
49. I have cold hands.
50. C'est fini, finally.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sahara & Switzerland? There's so much I don't know about you.

Marla said...

regarding #48...is that why you always won when we played at family camp? and i love the idea of #23. i'm thinking along the same lines this christmas.

Dreamlover said...

haha, you don't know inappropriate crushes on prof's until u know me!! ;0)