Monday, November 20, 2006

Ode to Oranges

I ate five oranges yesterday. They were so fantastically delicious. There aren't any left now and I miss them and their popping flavour.

I read an orange juice ad that said: "Oranges were candy before candy was candy." That made me appreciate them even more. Sometimes when there are no oranges and no candies in the house, I settle for chewable vitamin C tablets, which are almost as good.

One time when I lived in a mountain resort town where we never locked our doors, I got a cold when I was supposed to be working (painting condos). I called in sick to work and hopped into the shower. I was just getting out when I saw my kind-of-creepy boss coming up the driveway.

Since I was in a towel, I ran and hid in my room. He knocked and when I didn't come to the door, he opened in and came in, calling for me. I remained in hiding and he left.

He had left cough syrup and a box of oranges just inside the door.

It only took a few days to gobble up all that orange goodness.

4 comments:

Dreamlover said...

wow, I have never heard of a boss bringing that stuff, dayum.

Jen said...

I love oranges too. :)

Michelle said...

You could be lacking in vit c. We often crave what we need (or what we have sensitivity too). I love oranges as well. Navel oranges with some weight to them.

geeksters said...

I didn't think of that, Michelle. Thanks for the excuse to eat even more oranges!