Thursday, March 01, 2007

To be placed in a lavender-scented trunk

My darling little blog, how I have missed you. I sit at my desk trying not to think about you, but am failing miserably at that task.

I didn't get to tell you that the Snowplower left me a very romantic voicemail. He said, "I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to make out. Call me."

I didn't get to tell you that I called him back a few days later and said, "thanks for the lovely offer, but this is hurting me too much and I need a lot more than that." I'm kind of proud of me.

I didn't get to tell you that I wrote an Executive Memo the other day and felt very pompous while doing it.

I didn't even get to tell you that when I write press releases, I'm supposed to make up quotes from the important people in the office. This scandalizes me and makes me think I must still be rather naive. (After I make up the quotes, a few other people tweak them and the person I attributed them to approves them, so it's only 87% lying.)

I didn't get to tell you that years ago someone committed suicide off my building and now I can't look at the parking lot the same way.

I didn't get to tell you that I could've someone the other day. My smoke detector was going (even though my cookies were still raw) so I opened my window. And when I opened my window, it almost fell out of the frame. And there were people down below. And yes, the smoke detector was still blaring while I was trying not to drop my window on strangers' heads. My that was a fun time.

Well dear blog, it's been far too long. But I must go. I'm off to play Barbies with Faunty and our littlest sister. Somehow I think I'm going to have to be the bad guy who steals pets or kidnaps babies. I'll try to keep in touch.

-g

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know where you work now :)

Anonymous said...

I missed you too. But a post like this one makes up for your absence.

Anonymous said...

darling!

i'm quite thrilled that you seem to be quite happy.

how lucky!

i learnt that one from this fabulous old argentinian tranny. you can use it in nearly any curcumstance imaginable. how lucky!

she bores dreadfully easily, and rarely listens to a thing anyone says to her, but has learnt that if you simply insert "how lucky!" into any pause in conversation, that people will be thrilled by your enthusiasm. how lucky!

besitos,

p