Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good news (mostly)

The snow is melting, spring is coming, I'm going to the symphony tonight and P is back. It's lovely.

Yesterday I went on a business trip for lunch and a quick meeting. It was fun, but during the long drive I may have disclosed a few too many personal details. Like that I once dated a criminal. That was a rather unfortunate thing to mention.

But the trip was good, the event we're planning will be huge and I get to film a documentary -- entirely on my own -- for a project we have in the works. And there's a possibility I could stay on at the place I'm working (I'm on an internship right now) and participate in a major project the company is working on.

So that's a lot of good stuff going on. So it makes it okay that I did something I really shouldn't have. Because a girl can't have everything go well for her at a time.

I called the Snowplower. He said he's missed me (a few weeks ago I told him I was done with our messy confusing "relationship") and said that now he'll have a regular schedule and a lot more time to hang out with me.

I don't think he really means anything he says, so thus continues the saga of our pseudo-relationship's demise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great that there are so many opportunities opening up for you at work.
Still no word from the editor. *sob*

Jen said...

How great would that be if you go to stay on there? Very.

I'm glad you have a lot of good going on.

geeksters said...

Maybe try calling the editor and reminding him/her about your brilliant idea, Amanda. Sometimes editors have to be harassed a little before they'll get anything done. Your idea is really good and it would add a whole other dimension to the paper.