Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tongue-biting ahead

My three-month evaluation is coming up in two days.

Here's what they'll say:

1. "We want you to use bigger words and string them together to make longer sentences."

2. "We want you to be on time for work."

3. "We want you to stop telling us about your ideologies."

4. "We want you to focus on writing stories in a way that will convince more clients to advertise with us. That is, we want you to write nice things about the people you interview."

5. "We want you to work unlimited overtime for no compensation."

6. "We want you to stop compaining about the 1980's computer that keeps crashing. We don't care how much it costs in lost productivity because, as we already mentioned, we want you to work unlimited hours."

7. "We want you to stop saying bad things about us on the internet."

I'm going to do my best not to say anything during the review to keep from spontaneously quitting.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hopefully those aren't the requests they make of you! Good luck with your review.

geeksters said...

From what I hear, life's also too long to spend living as an unemployed nomad in a cardboard box :)

Thanks for the encouragement, you two. I don't think I have any reason to be nervous but my stomache is all tangeld up and ulcer-y.

x said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.