Friday, March 03, 2006

One of my character flaws...

Whenever I eat a big heaping of something particularly delicious and full of sugary fat, I feel a compulsion to make someone else eat more than I just did. For years I pretended to be a kind, generous hostess, while really secretly plotting to load my friends and family up with calories.

This took the form of making cookies much larger than necessary so recipients would feel like they only had one or two and keep eating, using extra large cups for excessively chocolatey hot chocolate, and squishing cake down when mixing it with ice cream to make the treat seem less monsterous.

The only time this rule doesn't apply is when it comes to cheese. Somethings are just too sacred for sharing in more than modest portions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »