Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random plops

Today I am a girl; my legs are smooth, I’m wearing a skirt (with ribbons on it, no less) and I’m teetering around in fabulous heels. The weather is supposed to be really nice today and I can’t wait to get outside.


You know what I love? The sound of pointy heals clicking on marble flooring. (Actually any tiled surface would do, but marble is more fun). It’s even better when the floor is so clean it shines and the shoe reflects on the surface. That’s how things were in Ottawa. Here at work we mostly have click-suppressing carpet.


Last night I called the Snowplower to tell him that I’m upset with him and that his last chance is over. I got his voicemail, which is what I expected since he’s not so good at picking up when I call, but just leaving the message felt cathartic. I’m going to try to be home as little as possible the rest of the week, because he seems to like it when I’m mad at him. (Did I mention that he and I were dysfunctional together from the time we first met?)


I’ve been conditioning myself to like dark chocolate and thought I was ready to take the plunge from 86 % cocoa to 99 %. The wrapper on the 99 % bar came with a tasting warning that strongly advised not eating the chocolate until being fully adjusted to less intense varieties. I tried it anyways and while it was okay, I was less satisfied than I wanted to be. I have two huge 99 % chocolate bars, so by the time they’re gone maybe my tastes will have acclimatized.


On my way to yoga yesterday, I walked past a crazy or very stoned guy on the street. He was talking to himself but when I went by he said, “I really like your pants. You’re beautiful.” And despite the fact that I was wearing beat up and dirty yoga pants, I’m keeping the compliment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love heel-clicking too. It will always remind me of my mom's Sunday dress shoes clacking on our linoleum floor before heading to church.

Anonymous said...

I told you about the chocolate. Now you need to start eating mars bars with me (the anonymous stranger that you have of course never met before)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes your writing sounds like poetry...and then comedy. Maybe you should write a book. At least 1 person would read it. Oh, I forgot a period at the end of my last post--will you be able to look at it without getting too upset?

geeksters said...

You're funny, Jo. Did you read my entire blog last night?

Anonymous said...

I mostly just read some of the new stuff.